A frequent star of National Geographic photo shoots, the people, wildlife, historical sites and landscapes of Tajikistan offer unrivalled opportunities for photography and documentary making. Recognising that photographers have different demands and priorities to other visitors, Paramount Journey arranges specialist photographic tours to guarantee you get the images you dreamed of taking.
With routes similar to those of our treks and jeep tours, including epic landscapes with sparkling lakes and flower-cloaked meadows, fascinating village scenes of life high up in the Pamirs, and lively markets where the produce and merchants are as colourful as each other, Paramount Journey’s photo adventures run at a slower pace. Additional time is put aside for photography, especially at the golden hour, so the pace is just right for you to be able to get the perfect shot. Experienced photographers can follow their own agenda, whilst beginners and intermediate photographers wanting to improve their skills can take classes with Paramount Journey’s professional guest photographer.
Highlights of our two most popular photography adventures include:
12-Day Photography Adventure in the Zarafshan Range
- Photograph a stunning variety of landscapes in the Fann Mountains
- Visit remote Zarafshan villages
- Stay at local guesthouses that reflect the local character
- Visit an ancient town Sarazm, UNESCO World Heritage Site
14-Day Photography Adventure in the Pamirs
- Take portraits of friendly villagers
- Photograph the Pamirs’ diverse landscapes
- Hike in the Tajik National Park, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stay in Kyrgyz nomad’s yurts